Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WORDLE


Wordle is one of my new favorite technology discoveries! It can be used for multiple purposes. This particular sample was used for a literacy project in which I had to create a parent night power point presentation. I simply typed in multiple literacy terms that I felt were valuable for parents to learn about. This is the cover page of my power point and will serve as an introduction to my presentation. There are multiple things that can be used to create a Wordle. An article on the topic that you would like to represent can be copied and pasted. It automatically takes the words that appear most often in the text and creates a Wordle. Then the font, shape and color scheme can all be altered. One thing that I thought would be fun to do with students is to put in an informational text and create a Wordle. Students can also create Wordles...it is so easy and fun to use!
http://www.wordle.net/